Driver Screening and Dispatching Process
At Capital Driver Leasing, we strive for a culture of quality, compliance and Safety. We have internalized that effective driver screening is most important to these goals. Accordingly, we require that every driver applicant be screened and road tested prior to dispatch. The driver’s are thoroughly vetted.
“You Are What Your Record Says you are”…. Paraphrased from Coach Bill Parcells
Doing so ensures that each driver’s background and qualifications are reviewed objectively by a specialist who serves as a corporate gatekeeper.
Here is how it works:
- One on one interview with corporate recruiter
- Driver Applies for Employment at Capital Driver Leasing. Completes Qualification File
- Safety Officer reviews file for accuracy and details. If candidate meets qualification of DOT and Capital Driver Leasing's requirements. (Top in the industry, see driver requirements)
- Hard Copy is loaded on to our data system. We keep both hard copy and Electronic copy .
- Candidate is sent for DOT pre-employment Drug screen. They are then placed in our Random Drug Pool testing.
- Candidate is road tested.
- Previous employment verifications are done and references are checked.
- Driver then goes through the Capital Driver orientation.
- Final approval by the operation team
- Driver is dispatched to customer. We remain in contact with employee closely on the first few assignments in order to ensure good customer service. We make sure that both Capital Driver Leasing and the Motor Carrier procedures are being followed.